FAQ: Comments & Moderation
Q: What is Simon-de-Montfort.com’s Comment Policy?
Simon-de-Montfort.com does pre-moderate comments on our blog posts or articles. We do not censor comments based on political or ideological point of view. We only delete those comments that include the following transgressions:
• are abusive, off-topic, use excessive foul language
• include ad hominem attacks
• contain racist, sexist, homophobic and other slurs
• are solicitations and/or advertising for personal blogs and websites
• thread spamming (you’ve posted this same comment elsewhere on the site)
• are posted with the explicit intention of provoking other commenters.
• contains content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations.
Q: I posted a comment. Why can’t I see it on the site?
Your comment may have violated the policy above. We encourage our users to speak their minds freely, provided comments fall within our commenting policy.
Q: Why am I blocked from commenting on Simon-de-Montfort.com?
There are a few scenarios in which your comments might be blocked:
1. A comment is extremely abusive, off-topic, uses excessive foul language, or includes an ad hominem attack
2. If a commenter has previously posted comments that are abusive, off-topic, used excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks, a moderator may decide to ban the commenter’s IP address. This means the abusive commenter is banned from commenting on the site in the future, even if the later comments are not abusive. We ban IPs because the sheer volume of comments makes it too time consuming to individually delete comments written by someone with a pattern of abuse.
Q: Can I include HTML in my comments?
We remove all html from comments to preserve formatting consistency.
Q: If you don’t allow any HTML, how can I include a link in my comment?
If you include a URL in your comment, it will be converted to a link. Please note, comments containing links to personal blogs and other inappropriate sites will be deleted. ONLY links to relevant news stories or sites are acceptable.
Q: Can I print comments?
Unfortunately, there is no way to print comments right now.
Do you have another question that was not answered here? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the ‘Contact Us’ form here on the website.